Cathy

Cathy
Cathy at Drift Creek Falls

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fridge Raids

Some of my favorite breakfasts are a result of a morning fridge raid. This morning, for example, I found some frozen turkey from a previous turkey feast (I freeze leftover turkey in sandwich bag size portions for just such an occasion), some green and red peppers that leftover from our chicken veg soup (ooh, that was good), half a zuc, most of half an onion from last night's dinner, some spinach, kale, two green onions, and a still usable jalapeno . So I just chopped, threw together, sauteed with fresh garlic, added some chili spices, sweet smoked paprika, and some leftover frozen El Pato enchilada sauce. Then, because I love eggs, I did an over easy egg and threw it on top of my share. Man, that was good, not to mention, easy.
 
It's so easy to do a fridge raid meal. With all the veggies, proteins, and stuff available, nothing ever has to go to waste. I change up the seasonings. Sometimes it Mexican, sometimes Thai (I use coconut aminos, rice vinegar, garlic, and fresh ginger in the sauce, then finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice, and a splash of fish sauce), sometimes Japanese, Italian, Moroccan, or just everyday spices. There is no end of possibilities.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment